Sulwhasoo Essentrue Deep Nourishing Body Cream [Review]


Sulwhasoo remains one of my favourite ever brands, and the fact that their products make up the majority of my daily routine is proof enough of how much I approve of their quality. So far, I have yet to find something that has failed to meet expectations, and I've even converted my mother to their Timetreasure range.

I purchased this body cream around half a year ago from Jolse and only started using it within the last few months when the weather took a nose dive. Winter generally equals drier skin, which is when I switch to the more moisturising products in my stash.

The Sulwhasoo Essentrue Deep Nourishing Body Cream claims to be
An ultra-rich anti-aging body cream formulated with nutrient-rich honey and Schizophyllum commune extracts deeply nourishes and restores a younger, firmer body skin.

Not sure about the anti-aging part, but I can say for sure that it deeply nourishes. The texture is quite thick, but spreads like soft butter. Given its consistency, if I get dressed immediately after application, it does feel a little bit sticky, so I need to wait around for a few minutes for it to fully absorb. But once it does, my skin is left feeling incredibly soft and moisturised for the rest of the day.

The packaging is a fat plastic tub with a handy spatula for hygiene, which avoids the problem of getting cream under my fingernails after sticking my finger into the tub.


As with many Sulwhasoo products, I have a hard time distinguishing the exact aroma other than a "subtly fragranced herbal scent" that is always pleasant. This body cream is no exception... I haven't the foggiest what the scent is, but I like it!

Swatch:

Massaging in the body cream leaves me with slightly glowing, supple skin.

I had a small dry patch on my arm that I couldn't seem to get rid of, but in about a week and half of daily cream application, the dry patch has completely disappeared. I've also had no issues with new dry patches forming, which can sometimes happen during the cold weather.

Although this body cream is by no means cheap at 80,000 KRW (approx £54) for 200ml, it's so good at sorting out dry skin that I will be sure to pick up another before next winter. I only tend to use it on the drier areas anyway, so I can see it lasting a good few months. I also wish that it was available in a smaller size, having lugged the tub to and from Vancouver last month - fantastic body cream, but most certainly not travel friendly!

Sulwhasoo Essentrue Deep Nourishing Body Cream ingredients:

No comments