The Saem Urban Eco Harakeke Firming Seed Sleeping Pack [Review]


Sleeping packs aren't a daily necessity but, given the imminent colder weather, I've been alternating between three sleeping packs - Naruko, Innisfree and The Saem Urban Eco Harakeke Firming Seed Sleeping Pack, the subject of this review.

In a nutshell, a sleeping pack is a facial mask you wear to bed, either on top of or instead of night cream for extra hydration while you snooze away. When you wake up, wash it off, and voila - instant beautiful skin!

Like face masks, there are many varieties of sleeping packs such as firming, brightening, whitening, etc. This Urban Eco Harakeke Firming Seed Sleeping Pack, as the name suggests, claims to firm the skin while you sleep.

When I first saw this sleeping pack, I thought "Harakeke? What??" - it turns out, that harakeke is one of the oldest flax plants native to New Zealand and is widely used for its healing, antiseptic properties. Plus, the ingredients also include manuka honey (mmm...  love it!), omegas 3, 6 & 9 and calendula flower extract to soothe irritated skin.


The packaging of this face mask reminds me a little of Origins, but the patterned lid and the container itself are actually made of plastic instead of the wood/glass I expected. Then again, it is a fraction of the price. Inside is a soft, fluffy, translucent balm that applies like a dream. I massage 2-3 scoops onto my face before bed, waking up to noticeably softer, moistured skin - though the plumping effect is only temporary, it makes me feel a bit better looking in the mirror in the mornings.

Due to its slippery nature, this can also be used for at home lymphatic drainage massages that I do sometimes.


The sleeping pack comes with its own little spatula that an be stored in the lid area. I'm not a fan of having scooping out product with fingers (hygiene & the stuff gets under my nails) so the spatula is handy.


Overall, I like this sleeping pack. It's inexpensive - retails at 16,000 KRW (around £9), and it does provide extra moisture. However, I won't be purchasing it again because 1) the results don't last very long and 2) it's a little too heavily fragranced for my liking.

Including shipping I think it was around $17 (£11), which is good value for 80g.

Ingredients list:

No comments