NoTS Silk Glow Stick Foundation No. 21 [Review]


Ever since I discovered the convenience of cushion foundations, I haven't really felt the need to try other types. However, as I do like stick foundations for their small size and I'm still searching for one I'm happy with, I ended up with Silk Glow Stick Foundation by NoTS.

Brief background information
NoTS (stands for Noble Through Skin) is Korean skincare/makeup brand aimed at those with sensitive skin. Their (cruelty free) products are formulated without parabens, artificial colours, artificial fragrances, mineral oil and benzophenone.

I have already reviewed some of their products, and I do plan to review all of them from my recent Koreadepart haul.

NoTS Silk Glow Stick Foundation
According to NoTS, the Silk Glow Stick Foundation contains 6 plant oils and 7 flower extracts to beautify and protect the skin from the environment.

The foundation is available available in two shades, No. 21 and No. 23 - I picked No. 21, the lighter shade, for my NC15 skin tone.



The foundation (accidentally smudged by me):

Packaging wise, it's really not the most space efficient design. I measured it out of curiosity and although the tube is approx 8.5cms long, you only get 2.5cms of product (packaging states you get 12g), which doesn't look like very much at all.


What I like
The Silk Glow Stick Foundation exceeded my expectations! The formula is beautiful - creamy, easy to blend, doesn't set into pores or around my nose, and doesn't cake at all with layering. The heavy coverage means it functions perfectly as a concealer replacement, covering up anything from redness to angry spots. When used as foundation, it gives my skin a slightly dewy finish that I love. And, of course, the shade match is perfect! It can be applied & blended with fingers, foundation brush or a makeup sponge.

A little goes a very long way, so I can see 12g lasting a while. Since I generally prefer light to medium coverage foundations, going forward, I'll be using this mainly as a concealer.

What I dislike
Fingerprint. Magnet. Packaging. Whyyyyy??

The redundant SPF - negligible protection given the amount that you'll use.

Repurchase?
I was pleasantly surprised by how well this performed. Despite the heavy coverage, it didn't feel heavy, cakey or cling to my dry patches, all of which are highly impressive! Therefore, it has been added to my repurchase list and I'll also be packing it for my upcoming holiday.

NoTS Silk Glow Stick Foundation swatch below - this was one quick swipe.


List of ingredients

Purchased from Koreadepart. It's also available from TesterKorea.

No comments