Review of CandyDoll Lip Gloss Macaroon Pink

Out of the CandyDoll items I received yesterday, naturally the first thing I tried was the Lip Gloss in Macaroon Pink.

From the official product picture (below), I was expecting a pale milky pink gloss, but the actual product is more of a sweet candy pink.


Official image of Macaroon Pink, retails for ¥1260 (≈ $15)

Actual product color

This fragrance free gloss is available in 6 shades and comes in a tube with slanted sponge applicator, which makes application a breeze. But as much as I like sponge applicators, I prefer a squeeze tube as it's more hygienic.


It feels quite sticky but not uncomfortably so, and doesn't dry out my lips if I wear it alone. However, I have to make sure my lips are well exfoliated and smooth before using this, otherwise its opaque texture means it'll highlight every single tiny flake (ugh) and it's also difficult to get an even coverage unless I use the applicator to pat on small amounts of gloss.

Swatch on my arm

On bare lips

Overall I really like the color, but I don't think I'll be trying out other lip glosses from CandyDoll as I tend to prefer sheer glosses.

2 comments

  1. Awesome! I love this stuff but I do find it is crazy sticky! I'm so excited to see your reviews of the other Candy Doll products - especially the base and the foundation! I really want to try them out but I want to read some reviews first, and I can't find any! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree it is quite sticky but doesn't glue my lips together like some glosses I've tried :P I really like the color so I use a lip balm underneath to make it less sticky.

    ReplyDelete