Privacy UV Face Powder SPF50+ PA++++


This Privacy UV Face Powder SPF50+ PA++++ was actually recommended to me by Amazon JP's "Customers Also Bought" feature.

Since it was an inexpensive item (¥1,036 ≈ £5.60) and the high sun protection in powder form piqued my interest, I decided to check it out.

PA++++ is currently the highest level of UVA protection offered by Japanese sunscreens. UVA protection is especially important because it is the primary cause of premature skin ageing.


According to Amazon JP, this contains 3.5g of powder, though I haven't been able to find the information anywhere on the product packaging.


The powder comes with the softest, fluffiest applicator puff.



Though it looks pink, this finely milled powder applies completely clear on the skin (assuming that one doesn't pile it on). It manages to keep my oily t-zone shine free and makes my pores appear more refined. It is also free from parabens, alcohol and fragrance. I like!

However, I'm not really comfortable with using this UV powder on its own; I'm simply not convinced that the minuscule amount applied offers enough protection. So instead, I've been using it like a finishing powder over my regular sunblock or makeup.


Depending on how quickly I use this up, I may purchase it again - it's certainly more convenient for touching up than a tube of sun cream is!

Privacy UV Face Powder English ingredients (translated from Amazon JP):
Talc, Zinc Oxide, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Silicic Acid Ca, Silica, Polymethyl Methacrylate, (vinyl Dimethicone / Methicone Silsesquioxane) Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Methylene Bis-benzotriazolyl Le Tetramethylbutylphenol, Dimethicone, Hydroxyapatite, Soluble Collagen, Hyaluronic Acid Na, Ascorbyl Phosphate Mg, Hydrogensulfate Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Water, Hydroxide Al, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Iron Oxide

No comments