Nordstrom Exclusive Smashbox Photo Op Mega Palette and Nordstrom Beauty Bag

Seriously I don't think I've been this excited to receive a package in weeks! I had really been looking forward to the Smashbox Photo Op Mega Palette, exclusive to Nordstrom. I literally leapt out of my chair and flew down the stairs when I'd heard the door.
And here it is! The crazy value Smashbox Photo Op Mega Palette - for only $69(!!!), you get $280 worth of Smashbox. One of those eyeshadow trios alone retails for $28, there are 8 in this palette, so 8 trios = $224! Plus, Nordstrom had an offer where you received a beauty bag with samples with $50+ purchase to sweeten the deal. I was obviously super hyped to get this!

Back of the box with ingredients:

Inside is a sleek Smashbox palette with a mini 4ml Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara. The elasticated strap on the palette keeps it firmly shut - much better magnetic closures (take note, tarte!)


Opening up...


Smashbox blushes in CarnationPetuniaGeranium


I mean, it just doesn't make sense that this whole palette, with 8 (regular size) eyeshadow trios, costs less than 2.5 trios ($70). But hey, no complaints here!

I believe only some of these trios are currently available standalone (e.g. the blue trio Skybox, with Sky/Noctournal/Steel) whereas the remaining colours are available in separate trios. There are both cool and warm tones as well as matte and shimmer finishes. The shades in each trio compliment each other, though of course, you can also mix & match.

This palette is more than enough to create most looks and certainly is suitable for all occasions. When I'm off on holiday in October, Photo Op + a few makeup brushes = I'm all set!
Nordstrom bag with $50 beauty purchase

Comes with a coral canvas zippered pouch:

blowPro Dry Shampoo and blowPro Dry Conditioner

Samples of Fresh Fresh Life EDP and Prada Candy EDP

Full size Yu-Be Lip Balm, mini Whish Coconut Milk CC Body Cream, mini Clarins One Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser. The lip balm and Clarins cleanser are reasons why I went for this bag.

BareMinerals 5-in-1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow, Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar/MatteDr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel

As you can see, this is an insane deal; only $69 for the palette plus all of these samples. I used a forwarding service to ship the palette to the UK, making it approx £50 with shipping factored in, which is still superb value for money considering the Nordstrom beauty bag wouldn't otherwise be available with international orders. Grab this while you can!

No comments