Badger Lavender Broad Spectrum SPF 34 Sunscreen

As I have some spare time on my hands, I thought I'd write a review on a sunblock I've been using for around a week or so. During summer, I prefer to live like a vampire by staying indoors during the day and out of the sunlight, so sunblock is an absolutely essential part of my skincare routine =P

Badger Lavender Broad Spectrum SPF 34 Sunscreen

Certified natural and consisting of 95% organic ingredients, Badger Lavender Broad Spectrum SPF 34 Sunscreen provides broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection, and is water resistant. I normally go for higher SPF sunblocks for my face, but as this was such a great price, I thought why not?

I purchased mine from Super Smoocher, who is having a closing down sale where most products is discounted by 50% (many are sold out though). It's a pity they're closing shop... I used to love their store for natural & organic lip balms as well as special offers.

While I don't usually mind lavender, the smell in this sunscreen is borderline intolerable for my scent glands - it's far too herbal and still lingers after half an hour straight face

Consistency wise, it is so thick that applying this makes me feel like I'm smearing toothpaste all over my face. No matter how much I rub it in, it refuses to sit evenly on my skin; and when followed with makeup, it made my foundation look patchy. On top of this, it always leaves a white cast, probably due to its high zinc oxide content of 18.75%. I don't mind wearing this too much when I'm at home, but if I need to go out, I would prefer not to look ghostly pale!

The product squeezes out in thick globs like this:

Even after some vigorous rubbing, you can see that there's still a white cast on my skin:

For the price, I suppose this does its job. However, I strongly advise against using this on your face, especially under makeup.

Ingredients:
*Olea Europaea (Extra Virgin Olive Oil), *Cera Alba (Beeswax), *Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, *Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, *Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, *Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Tocopherol (Sunflower Vit. E), and *Hippophae Rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn) COExtract. *= Certified Organic

No comments