Omorovicza Gold Shimmer Oil review

Omorovicza is a natural luxury brand originated in Budapest. The company uses Mineral Cosmetology, a system they developed to deliver minerals, in their products. This apparently allows the natural minerals to be easily absorbed and at deeper levels by the skin, and boosts skin's collagen & elastin production, locks in moisture and defends against free radicals. Omorovicza claims that over time, the skin will feel firmer, more supple and younger looking.

Omorovicza products are free from:

  • Parabens
  • Polyethylene Glycol (PEG)
  • Petrochemicals
  • Silicones
  • Sodium Laureth Sulfates
  • Synthetic colors
  • Synthetic fragrances
Sounds great, right? While I'm not looking for any anti aging products (yet), I do want smoother & softer skin and in my opinion there's nothing wrong with some early wrinkle prevention :P

The Gold Shimmer Oil is a body oil with shimmering gold particles that usually settle at the bottom. It comes in a 100ml heavy bottle (I'm not entirely sure but I don't think it's glass) and needs a good shake before application to mix the gold particles with the oil.


Shake shake shake...

I would much prefer a pump dispenser, as the oil is quite runny and you can easily pour out too much. Accidentally knock over the bottle and it's the end :P

You only need to use a tiny amount of oil, so 100ml will last ages. It smells gorgeous and softens my skin. The shimmer is very pretty too!

Compared with the Tarte Dry Oil Shimmer Spray I purchased last year, the Gold Shimmer Oil is lighter in texture and doesn't take as long to sink in. The Tarte oil leaves a glossy sheen, whereas Omorovicza's leaves behind freshly moisturized skin with subtle particles (would look very pretty applied to hair as well) that you can see in the light. The particles don't rub off easily on clothes and I can still see hints of them after a few hours.

The Gold Shimmer Oil retails at £52 for 100ml, which is a bit more than Tarte but I feel that its better quality justifies the higher price. I would buy this again, though I won't need to for a long time.


Here's the list of ingredients

No comments