Review & swatches of Tarte Natural Cheek Stain

Ever since I started with my natural/organic/paraben-free makeup and skincare resolution I've been a huge fan of Tarte Cosmetics. Their products are formulated to be free of parabens, synthetic fragrances and GMOs.

My favorite Tarte products are probably their lipglosses, but I also adore their Natural Cheek Stain. These smell great, give a pretty color to my cheeks, are easy to blend and non-drying.


They all contain various skin invigorating ingredients such as t5 super fruit complex (5 super fruit extracts - acai, acerola, goji berry, maracuja and pomegranate, all are great antioxidants), various vitamins and natural fruit & plant extracts.

Left to right - blissful, flush, dollface
blissful
Pretty warm peachy pink, smells a little fruity. Looks great in the summer especially if you have a tan, but personally I prefer dollface & flush over this one.


flush
Raspberry pink and gives a healthy glow, scented like raspberries. Gives me a healthy rosy glow when used sparingly, but if applied with a heavy hand it makes me look like I've been out in the sun for too long - beetroot colored cheeks do not look good.


dollface 
Very sheer candy pink with microshimmer, smells like strawberries & cream (mmmm....) My favorite cheek stain, gives a very flattering soft candy pink glow and perks up my skin making it look brighter.

I usually use these straight from the tube and wipe them clean with a tissue afterward, but you can also use fingers to apply. They feel a little sticky to begin with but last a good 6-8 hours on me.

Each cheek stain comes in a push up tube containing 28.4g, and retails at $30. Very reasonable price considering only a small amount is needed so they'll last forever.

Unfortunately Tarte is not available in the UK, so I have to get my fix through an US parcel forwarding service.

No comments