First venture into Paul & Joe Beaute

Actually this is my second visit to P&J; my first was for their beauty mirror jelir (I don't know where it is atm though).

There was a 20% off ASOS offer so I took this opportunity to get a couple of things from P&J; I wanted a foundation too but wasn't sure which shade to go for so passed on it. I'll be going to London soon anyway and will wait till then to look at foundation shades in person.

I picked out:
- P&J Hand Cream
- P&J Face Color in 15 Re Belle (it had to be pink!)

Paul & Joe Face Color
I believe Re Belle is one of the newly released colours; it comes in a very pretty light dusty pink mirrored compact, and the blush itself is split into 2 colours.


On the left is a matte rosy pink and the colour on the right looks coral/peach but when applied is more of a sparkling peach pink, which has a very subtle shimmer and gives a pretty glow when used over the rosy pink, but both colours could be used on their own too.


Texture is silky smooth and very blendable. You can use a small amount for a natural flush, or build it up for more intensity, however, the blush itself isn't ultra pigmented so if you're after a pigmented blush this isn't it.

The rosy pink is actually a bit too pink for me but I apply my blush with a light hand (I prefer them sheer/natural) anyway so it's not a big problem.

Paul & Joe Hand Cream
Usually I don't like hand creams much, because the ones I've tried so far always sat on the surface of my hands for ages, even ones that claim to absorb quickly; I absolutely hate leaving fingerprints on everything I touch so I don't bother with a hand cream unless it's just before I go to bed.


I added P&J Hand Cream to basket because I liked the cute tin it came in - most hand creams come in a squeeze tube, which is more hygienic but this is for my use only anyway. Sometimes I'm such a sucker for cute packaging... *sigh*

There's a protective plastic lid inside to stop the cream from getting onto the actual lid.

The cream itself feels creamy and luxurious, but doesn't leave an uncomfortable greasy film like a lot of hand creams. There's a very pleasant light orange scent, but it disappears quickly which is good news if you don't like fragranced hand care products.

I guess it's unrealistic to expect any cream to sink in straight away - even with lightweight moisturizers they always sit on your skin for a few seconds at least - but this is hands down the fastest absorbing hand cream I've tried; after a few seconds the only thing left behind is the softness of my hands. The pretty tin will look cute sitting on my desk too! 80g of product in the tin may not seem like a large amount, but only a little cream is needed so it will last ages.

As my P&J experience has been positive so far, I'm actually really looking forward to visiting their counter soon!

No comments