Powder Beauty Drawer Subscription - June 2017


Just as I thought that no monthly beauty box could match up to the Lookfantastic beauty box, Powder goes ahead and released a subscription beauty box! Not including the postage cost of £3.50, the monthly price of the Powder beauty box is £15 per month, or £13.50/month for 6 months, or £10 per month for a 12 month subscription (still paid monthly).

I signed up for the first box, the June edition, towards the end of last month, and received it about a week later. Having seen the list of products on their website, I felt happy enough with an annual subscription - I could always cancel if unimpressed with their offerings.

Products in the June 2017 Powder Beauty Box:


Ciate Paint Pots in Dangerous Affair, 13.5ml (full size), RRP £9
According to the booklet, this should have been the new Ciate Gelology Nail Polish worth £12 (with silver lid as pictured below). However, it's just the regular Paint Pot which retails for less. Inconsistent advertising on Powder's part. A rich burgundy shade, the formula is smooth, but I'm pretty sure that this was one of the magazine freebie shades from a few years ago. Nothing for me to get too excited about.


Elemis Hydro-Boost Day Cream, 15ml, worth £11.70 (RRP £39 for 50ml)
I've had Elemis body creams in beauty boxes but have yet to try their skincare products. This cream claims to "provide continuous hydration and moisturisation to leave skin feeling nourished, smooth and supple". It's a great travel size.


Burt's Bees Oil Cleanser, 29.5ml, worth £2.83 (RRP £16.99 for 177ml)
100% natural with no parabens, phthalates, petrolatum or SLS. Has a pleasant scent, will be handy on lazy days for makeup removal and the small bottle can be taken on to flights.


The Organic Pharmacy Antioxidant Lip Balm, 7ml (full size), RRP £12
I'm no newbie to The Organic Pharmacy, having used a few of their products in the past. In fact, their SPF 50 sun cream is currently in my sun protection rotation. However, for me, Organic Pharmacy products are very hit & miss and generally not worth the premium price commanded. This scent free lip balm does a good job at keeping my lips soft, but it's no better than a £3 Hurraw lip balm. And despite touting "made in England", this lip balm actually has "Made in PRC" (People's Republic of China) printed on the back. Hmm...


Skyn Iceland Icelandic Relief Eye Cream, 5ml, worth £13.57 (RRP £38 for 14ml)
I'm always happy to see the inclusion of more natural/organic beauty brands. This is a very welcome addition and one that I'm looking forward to trying.


REN Evercalm Ultra Comforting Rescue Mask, 10ml, worth £5.60 (RRP £28 for 50ml)
I like REN products! Even though I'm not looking for any new masks right now, this one I'll happily keep for future use.



GHD Advance Split End Therapy, 50ml, worth £9.98 (RRP £19.95 for 100ml)
Another product that I can use since my hair is far too long right now, so I'm very happy to receive this in the box.


Smashbox Always On Matte Liquid Lipstick in Driver's Seat, sample, size not listed
I'm not a huge fan of the colour, and matte lip colours aren't my thing, so I can't see this getting used which is a shame since I love cute mini sized lip products.

The total value of this month's box (not including the Smashbox lipstick) is £64.68 - very promising for the first box and I hope they will keep it up!

1 comment

  1. All of this makeup tools are awesome. I like Smashbox Liquid Matte Lipstick lipstick most. Thanks to share this beautiful lipstick. I believe makeup is an important part of women's life and a perfect lipstick gives a great look of hole makeup.

    ReplyDelete